Thursday 2 December 2010

Light snow, it's going UPWARDS.

While I watch a program about Foods that Make Millions I shall inform you of my recent adventures.

Story No. 1. Key Loss
On Tuesday morning, when preparing to leave James' room in town, I patted my coat pockets only to reveal that there were NO KEYS within. I frantically ransacked my rucksack and they were not located. I spent the rest of Tuesday worrying and being annoyed by the lack of original keys. I had been able to borrow a spare from the Porter. On Wednesday morning I rang the bus company, described my keys and went to pick them up. The feeling of relief cannot be described. 

Story No. 2. Layers and Snow
Recently I have been wearing, at the least, 3 layers of tops. Yesterday it was 3 t-shirts 2 hoodies and my coat. It's ruddy cold. Yet there isn't much snow at all. Back home my sister Hazel is living through knee high snow. We still don't have enough to cover the grass properly. I sort of want it to snow properly to make the cold weather worth it.

Story No. 3. Films
Sunday was time for "The Expendables" a film written, directed, and starred in, by Sylvester Stallone.
I didn't much like it. It was in the same genre as "The Losers" and it was about 1/8th as good. James thought it was good but the mindless violence (pretty much for the sake of it) and lack of appealing characters just failed to engage me.
On Monday we saw "The Girl Who Played With Fire" which was the second film in a series I knew nothing about. It was actually pretty good, you could tell it was based on a book because of all the twists and the quantity of characters. It was subtitled in a yellowy white text that sometimes couldn't be read for over a minute due to some scenes being very pale. I'm not really compelled enough by it to read the book series or to watch the other films.

Story No. 4. Art
So I've been painting small again. I'm not fully happy with what I've done but I've uploaded them on facebook for people to see. I think they look better in real life than a photo can show. The scale impact is RUINED on a computer screen. I need to paint a whole load more and buy some coloured wool so I can connect them up in a big web on the wall. Oh and masking tape. I ran out and Bill isn't running the shop today and I have a lecture in the morning. *le sigh* Going to get on with my work this afternoon.

Story No. 5. Showtunes.
My mood has been lifted 100 fold recently by my showtunes playlist that I finally made. 
I feel it is lacking though, it needs Rocky Horror on it and Joseph and Starlight Express (just because) I crave more showtunes. I would also like the entire Beatles back catalogue. 
I think what I'd like is an iTunes gift card so that I feel that all the new music I want would be a present. 

Well, this program about cereal has been rather interesting. I think I might go to the library and see if there are any books about Photorealism as it interests me and I can't do it myself. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

the girl with the dragon tattoo is actually a decent series. definitely worth the read.

thankfully, I haven't had a mishap with my keys yet (knock on wood) but I'm bound to at some point.