Saturday 19 February 2011

5 times

This is my fifth attempt to talk to you this week.

I'm just going to do the film reviews that are overdue and leave it at that.
My creative writing failed me and I'm not in the mood right now to blog about anything else!

Since the travesty that was Buried I've actually seen some alright films.

The Kids Are Alright
Okay, I liked the characters (two lesbian Mum's, their two kids and their sperm donor) and it made me cry, the plot was new and it was vaguely compelling. Not the best film ever though.

Burke and Hare (Which I nearly called Borgin and Burke)
Dead bodies have never been funnier. Simon Pegg, Bill Bailey, Gollum (sorry, what! I forgot the actor's name!) and other famous faces made this comedy quite great. Not sure that I'd watch it again soon but I wouldn't skip it if it turned up on tv in a few years.

Let Me In
A disappointing remake. If you can stand watching things with subtitles and you want a vampire film with proper vampires that burn in the sun, check out Let The Right One In. I suppose I should read the book, I've been told that it's worth it! (I liked the original btw).

Another Year
A slow dip into the life of two old people and their friends. Jim Broadbent made this one good, oh and his brother Argus Filch (well, the actor but I'm not going to google it, you know who I mean!). It was a bit bland and it ended abruptly. It was also fairly downbeat toward the end.

RED
Best film at the cinema this term by a long shot. It was exciting and powerful and brilliantly acted. I grew to love the characters, there were unexpected moments and predictable ones too. Well worth it for the old age CIA agents bringing it back in a great way. Ahhh.

Serenity
We watched this on dvd after watching all of the brilliant Firefly. It was a good film, very good. :)

An honourable mention goes to the gosh darn fantastic magnificent best thing ever that is Firefly which we watched in its entirety over the last week. 14 episodes is not enough. Damn it Fox, you should never have cancelled it!

If you don't like it you cannot be my gorram friend. (If you haven't seen it yet that's ok, just get watching it now!)

1 comment:

JCAS said...

Fix you're speelings plz
<3
xxxxxx