Monday 28 February 2011

Fourth blog in February

I've just tidied my desk in my studio space.
It feels so good to have a wide space to work in rather than a 30cm square gap in all my rubble.
I'm about to... (interrupted train of thought as Gerry and Bill pop in to say hi and then wander off again to look at other peoples work)

Erm, yeah, look up an artist called Brian Alfred who has been suggested to me. Maybe his animations will be relevant to my future work.
Hopefully they will, and the internet will speed up soon over here.

Last week the SSAGO social was the White Cross Pub Quiz.
Our team, Albert (because of Albert Stroller), got 73. Which is a damn respectable score as that quiz is difficult!
We beat the two other SSAGO teams and game 5th in the pub, we also won some chocolate for correctly guessing 93 weeks in a speed answer question about Paul McCartney.

Due Date was alright, it was entertaining at least. It wasn't good, I wouldn't bother with it again, but it wasn't bad either. It seemed a little disjointed, some of the ideas seemed to have been just thrown in for the sake of it. It didn't gel and I wasn't too fussed how it all ended up as neither of the main characters were wholly likeable.

A Town Called Panic was pretty odd. It was so ruddy strange and loud, the noises were harsh. The colours were too much and the movement (because it was animated) was was jumpy. Reading the text meant that you got distracted and missed things!

While I was at home last week I got to see Tangled which was a seriously beautiful film.
So Disney, wonderful songs, a strong and feisty female lead.
A charming and cute male lead. An ADORABLE chameleon companion.
A devious nasty witchy "mother"...
I adored it and I will watch it again many times I'm sure.

Today I bought myself a t-shirt. It's the 11 Doctors and they're all stood on some Escher-like stairs.
I'm in love with it already and I cannot WAIT 'til it arrives!

No comments: