Monday 2 May 2011

And the stars look down and give us vision to see the light!

Yesterday was Sunday, today it is Monday, Monday.

So, that's a bad start to a blog. A title from a beautiful Billy Elliot song and a crudely adapted lyric from Friday.

I have three things to talk about today.
A fire, A Knight's Tale and the stars.

1. A Fire.

We had carbonara for tea last night. It was the first time I'd ever made it by myself. After we'd eaten James set off to his to pick up some stuff (including A Knight's Tale on dvd which I had left at his). I completed the arduous task of washing up. Clicked onto my computer and was just starting to scroll when *WEEEOOOWEEEOOOWEEEOOO*, the fire alarm sounds.

So there I am, getting my phone and keys, locking my door, walking downstairs, smelling smoke, walking through smoke. Hang on, this isn't just a drill and this clearly isn't just a toast or deodorant malfunction!
As we got outside we looked up and around to see if we could see any huge billowing plumes.
It turned out that is was a small fire in the "Pump Room" which the porter managed to put out by himself.

We had to stay out for about 40 minutes while they made sure it was safe but we spent that time in Pizzetta playing word disassociation. Basically, everything is fine. Thank goodness!

2. A Knight's Tale

This is one of the first dvd's we ever owned. I remember really enjoying it the first few times I watched it. I hadn't seen it in years but I really wanted to re-watch it. Mainly for the fact that Watt is Wash is Alan Tudyk.
I really enjoyed the whole story, once again. A good choice of film for a Sunday Night.

3. Stars

The credits rolled at about 11:05. James reminded me that I'd agreed to go out and look at the stars if the sky was clear so we could find constellations with his special app on his phone.
Despite it being rather cold it was rather good and once we'd walked down onto the field, away from the lights, it was pretty darn clear.
Really worth a look.

Anyway, today is another research and revision day. Toodles!

No comments: