Thursday 25 February 2010

Real life

Stopped me from blogging. It seems to be that way for a few people nowadays but it shouldn't be. I love to splurge my thoughts out over here!

So I went to New York! It was amazing, I suppose I should do a photo blog over here at some point but right now it has to go onto my to-do list along with a bazillion other things because we have a PinE report to write and this is the last piece of coursework for this course and it sure as hell looks like it's going to take forever to get right.

The other day (Tuesday it was) in our PinE lecture this lovely woman, Jo (the lecturer) proved to me that no matter how much you know other people aren't as good with technology as us (the internet types) it is STILL possible to watch someone and want to scream in frustration at ineptitude.
Let me lay out to you quite what her failure was.

Right, you know youtube videos?

They have this function to make them fullscreen.

I admit that it used to look different, but it IS still in roundabout the same place.
Perhaps poor Jo didn't know this before, but I'll show you now what she proceeded to do while trying to make a video bigger.
This was all done in IE too so that's what I'll use for illustration.

You would assume the first thing she would do is click to maximize?
Wrong.

She used the "Page" "Zoom" "Zoom in" function. Repeatedly until getting to 400% which she could have just clicked the first time. We see this on the screen (or similar as this isn't the same video!

After leaving it like this for a good 20 seconds as she had a drink of water she looked to the big screen WHICH IS CLEARLY GOING TO BE THE SAME AS HER MONITOR!
And scrolled to the left a bit!
It was so pointless that if I HAD been at the end of a row I might have run down to the front and fixed it!

This is all I really want to share with you right now, other than this I'm very happy, maybe annoyed by my Lab report but I have ideas for art and all else is GOOD!

1 comment:

Haze said...

That is such a massive fail.
Hunter cannot comprehend things like that either, but on an even dumber note, she ACTUALLY asked a train conductor what the difference is between a single and a return ticket.
People like her reduce my faith in humanity.