Tuesday 28 October 2008

Boatloads to say

Christian Bonnefoi

Must crack on then...

So actually Thursday the traffic wasn't so bad, got to the Airport and did all that sort of stuff fine.

Arrived in Paris and then Coached to the hotel...

The room was teensy.

There's Jen on her tiny high bed thing.

So we then set off out a bit later than expected...

By the time we got the right trains over to where we should have been it was half 9 and we sniffed out our restaurant.

The food was actually pretty good albeit 10 by the time we ate.

So we went to see the Sacré-Coure which we should have seen at 6:30ish.

It was closed obviously and these drunk guys followed us and were photo'd in our group shots.

I didn't let my camera out of my hands so I don't have one of those yet.

We wandered off around the artists quarter and got back to our B and B (as that is what it was really) at about midnight.

We got up really early the next morning because we had to find the Orangrie museum for half 9.

Then the Louvre for 10:45.

A river tour at about 3 on the same boat (or at least firm) from out trip in year 8!

On the way I saw this boat…

It made me smile… I almost missed the photo too!

It was late enough for us to swap the order of events again.

To eat and THEN go to the Arc de Triomphe.

Saturday we went to the Musee D'Orsay.

Thanks to Aydn we have a shot of us for that isn’t just arms length.

It was here I saw my favourite piece of Art on the entire trip.

It’s just so lovely.

Picasso Museum.

Running the whole length of the museum was this mirror.

Notre Dame.

Then Thurly Wurly took us to see the Louvre in the dark...

Long exposure makes it look like it is on fire.

Then dragged us off back to the artist quarter near the Sacré-Coure again... for an unknown reason as I think no-one actually wanted to go.

Anyhoo Sunday was Rodin.

Everyone else puts up photos of the thinker whereas I just love the lamppost outside with everyone’s entrance stickers on.

There’s me showing my Nerfighterness Europewide.

Actually going UP the Eiffel tower. (Late of course because stupidly they thought we'd cancelled)

The Pompidou Centre of modern art was amazing at about 5... although we were unbelieveably knackered so didn't enjoy it quite as much as I could have.

There was one installation that was interractive and I persuaded the others to help me spell D.F.T.B.A. as Nerdfighting and decreasing world suck is one aim of mine that will never fade.

This is extreme not forgetting to be awesome.

I used my first Dyson Airblade though :D GO GO Richardson!

We then went to the "posh restaurant" of the trip and had... I'll let you guess Chicken and CHIPS!

Obviously the meal of choice of ALL English people.

Monday. i.e. Yesterday: Breakfast early because due to our protests we were going to go shopping and NOT back to Notre Dame to try and see the gargoyles.

Sneddon left his bag and the coach was late and then the computers crashed at the airport and so we get back at around 6 English time.

I've been watching tv, sorting photos and sleeping from then on.

I need to start my homework mind.

That's tomorrow!

xxx



Edit: this is the 21 Metro tickets and the other three Eiffel Tower, Orangrie and Boat tour!

No comments: