Sunday 5 September 2010

Yesterday

Saturday 4th September consisted of me waking up at James' very very warm. His room is small and it's got the cupboard with the boiler in and I was extremely and thoroughly warm.

We were lucky enough to be able to cadge a lift from his parents to Newton-le-Willows so that we could get the train to Manchester. (This way it cost WAY less in both time and money.)

Due to my ineptitude to read signs and James' willingness to follow me, we walked all the way to Manchester Museum instead of Art Gallery. However this was not a bad move as we marvelled over Egyptian carvings/items, were a bit grossed out by the mummy of this strange lady, and stumbled into a CURRENCY EXHIBITION.

I haven't blogged enough about my currency project and that is because I've been woefully slow and getting started on it. I've got all these ideas and plans but I need to get into motion. When I get home on the 12th it'll be late but on the 13th, the Monday, I will KNUCKLE DOWN. (It needs caps, it just does.)

After that jaunt we continued onward to the Whitworth where there was an exhibition about sexual wallpaper and some landscapes/seascapes/skyscapes. Oh, and a wooden sculpture-like wall piece which was rather intriguing. There was also a video piece of some children clambering all over a neglected piece of sculpture in Peterlee.

Wandering back towards the station, in the direction of the Art Gallery, we stopped for food. I say we, James was sure we were going to find a Wilkinsons so only I got a sandwich at the first Greggs. We wandered around the more central shopping area of Manchester passing many a Greggs, some live music, an Apple store and, wait for it, a shop that was being fitted to be a Wilkinsons. Instead we went to the Tesco Express and James had a meal deal from there.

Primark was our next stop, just to have a look. Mainly we were on a mission to find some new canvas shoes for James as his actual converse got holes in them after less than a year. The standout pair were some deep turquoise ones which James pondered over and couldn't quite decide if he could "get away with them". In the end we decided that when we go to Liverpool within the next few days he might get them there instead. Other than that hightops were the only black/white option. To which James notably said, "I don't think I'm at that stage in my life."

Manchester Art Gallery had a sweet children's interpretation/interactive quality with information about Greek mythology so that made our experience there fairly enjoyable. Although the exhibitions that I thought we'd be able to see seemed to be closed for "fitting".

Back on the train it was to return to Chez Schorah.

On the flipside (am I allowed to say that?) today was a lovely relaxed and lazy day. Although this afternoon we did go on an hour (and 10 mins!) walk out to James' old school area and back, on the routes he used to walk.

I feel I've written a lot. James is currently playing Golden Sun. Mum is on skype. All is well.

1 comment:

Haze said...

This post is UHMAZING. YAY!

When you said Chez Schorah it made me think of when Sarah always used to say Chez Walker *CHUCKLE*

Stay fabulous :D