Friday 15 October 2010

Zinc

Back to film reviews I think it shall be.


The Thief Lord. I bought this about 2 months ago in Durham when I got 3 DVDs for a fiver. The main reason I chose this film is that I'd read the book years and years ago and remembered enjoying it. The other reason is I thought Haze might enjoy it as Aaron Johnson plays Prosper.
It was a strange film and fairly poorly made. I'd forgotten how insane the plot is and how exaggerated the characters are too. It was enjoyable although I don't think I'll watch it again. I'll let Hazel take it back next Saturday and she can decide if she wants to keep it. If not it should be passed on to someone else.


Bad Lieutenant. Uni Cinema, we've bought a term pass again. £20 for access to 26 films. Bargain. I'm so glad I do that though because paying £2 for this film would have annoyed me. It was good, I'll admit, filmed well, edited well and acted in well. It was strange though, not particularly gripping. I found myself not particularly warming to any of the characters, feeling awkward when certain events took place and not honestly caring what happened next, just letting it wash over me! The coke hallucinations were pretty hilarious but crazy! I wouldn't watch this one again.










About me: 
My Art History has a whole bunch of things to be printed off this year and an essay due in week 7. I've printed them all off but haven't decided who I'm going to write about. Our lecturer is lovely. 
My artwork this term was initially going to be about books, quotations, imagining and creating images from descriptions provided in a text, manipulating the pages. I'm already going off the idea. It's a great one but I really don't think I'll enjoy doing it all that much. I have a much greater desire now to work with pixels or mosaics or a bit of both, fractal art in block colours. More Chuck Close (who's my favourite) than Idris Kahn. I'm still looking to use quotations as inspiration. From John Green and JK Rowling and many more.
I just don't think ripping or cutting up books and painting on them or sculpting with them is my thing. 
I got my One and Other book today, I'm barely in it but at least I'm recognised there as no. 396. 
I need to get stuck into being in the studios again, I will do I'm sure as next week starts, making pack lunches to save time!
Oh and I dropped that lovely hanger that I bought in New York and it snapped, the METAL tree branch coat hook, that one, it SNAPPED. *rolls eyes*
Kay, going to pack up some things to go to James', eat, watch LotR (properly for the first time) sleep and then go out for a meal with his parents and possibly Mike's family too (this is unconfirmed) tomorrow.


DFTBA!

No comments: