Saturday 23 October 2010

Zirak-zigil

     D; one of the three peaks that towered over the mines of Moria (RELEVANT, YES)


Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring.
Technically I've seen it before but I didn't really concentrate on it, years ago. For a first proper viewing it was awesome. I adore it, as a series, already. Though I still don't think I'd be able to make it through the books. I did try, honestly, but at 12 or 13 I go SO TIRED of it. The film is a wonderment of acting, filming, editing, scenery, ideas and everything. Wow. Top notch. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Iron Man 2.
Fairly good film, enjoyed all the action, the technical mumbo jumbo, the fact that they were a bit like super heroes but it was all man-made tech. I haven't seen the first one but some of the people at SSAGO were telling me it's much better. James said it's comparably good so I'm still pretty happy to search out a cheap dvd of it at some point. It was all go, action, the characters were good but you don't get to know them. As with many action films it felt very much about the BATTLES.

Cemetery Junction.
Ruddy good film this for characterisation, for lovely ideas, realistic people and situations. Observational. I nearly cried so many times just because of the emotion being portrayed. The actors were good, fitted the parts and you got to KNOW them, unlike Iron Man, because the lack of MASSIVE PLOT and just life, let you. Also, Tom Hughes who played Bruce, looks like KickThePJ at odd moments. The advert made it look a bit terrible due to poorly picked clips. In reality it's gripping and the comedy is just right, not forced like in Funny People. (Which btw I saw last year and it was one of the worst.)

Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers.
We've watched this is 4 sittings because we start watching right as we're just reaching top tired levels. We had to stop and sleep. It's so good. I love the Ents and Gandalf and Smeagle. I think he's so sweet despite being a very creepy creature. Darn it I hate that ring. I know the whole story is about it but it's such a bloody arse about putting people in danger! I had a massive laughing fit when it got to the "What's taters ehy?" "POH-TAY-TOES" "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew", bit.

Inception
I saw this with Caitlin over the summer but this was James' first viewing. The cinema was full, I'm pretty sure they turned a whole host of people away too. Even though we were so far back in the queue, and James was protesting that it would be ruined if we got a bad seat and that we should just go on Friday instead, we held out and still managed to sit in the middleish area. It was once again a wonderful feat of filming and action and effects and ideas. It still baffles me and still excites me. I jumped so many times at the loud or shocking things that I should have anticipated. Enjoyable, but I wont want to watch it again now for a good few years.

Lord of the Rings - Return of the King (extended version)
It's so good. I love the LotR world, fantastic. A wonderful film.
Just finished it now and have got a lot of work to do... Going to do that now.

1 comment:

Haze said...

Isn't it just The Fellowship of the Ring? Singular?
Oh well!
Fantastic.
We went to see Legend of the Guardians today...AMAZING.