Saturday 2 January 2010

Quite alright

I'm SORRY.
I didn't make it through all of December.
My life was so busy that by the evenings I was SO tired that I couldn't function to type blogs.

On Wednesday night there was a get-together at Caitlin's house, mostly her Mum's friends but our family (and James of course) went along.
The food, company, conversation and games well superb.

On Thursday we went out for Chinese eat-as-much-as-you-like for lunch. 8 of us. Me and James, Maddy, Jen, Laura, Ross, Emily and David. We had a point afterwards, walking through town, when it started hail stoning and we bumped into both Danny Mac and Will Smith. After a bit of shopping and a hot chocolate we headed home.
Actually, we stopped to glance around tkmaxx but there was nowt I wanted...

We decided to skive off from going to town on the night because nearly ALL of my friends had been invited to various house parties that I hadn't. It suited us much better as I've never (and still have not become)someone who enjoys "a night on the town".

Instead we played a few games and went to bed to then lie around until the new year broke in.

Yesterday we had a day in. We had a lie in 'til lunch and watched the first half of the new adaptation of Day of the Triffids. Zelda and sleep and jigsaw filled the day until Dr. Who, tea and Big Fat Quiz of the Year. James and I worked together on that and got 22 points.

So, Dr. Who, it was lovely, sad, epic, dramatic and both a lot and nothing like I expected.
I could say MANY things but my main question is HOW is he still 906? How many regenerations is he expected to have in a "year" of his life... is a year of his like 365 days of life? If so the amount of adventures he is shown to have gone on, all of the ones we don't see too. He (as Tennant) would be clearly older than 906. Has he been 906 since the tv show started? If so that's STUPID.

EDIT:Since I wrote this, James linked me to this. Doesn't clarify ANYTHING other than the writers don't seem to work with a chronological Dr. either that of they wrote the episodes without prior research!

Catching Fire isa great book (I've written more in my Bookshelf blog).

Oh, James went home this morning and left his wallet so they had to turn around and come back, he's also left the rest of the box of "surprises" chocolates that Nana got him for Christmas. That's not SO bad though, I'll get them to him next week.

Now starts me full WEEK of work. By golly there is a lot of it to do!

:)

No comments: