Sunday 24 January 2010

Quilt

That's what I'm sat on now while I type this, laptop on my chair by my bed.

I've just completed making notes on the art history readings for tomorrow which were (and are getting) more interesting than I used to find them. Which is a bonus.

TODAY was lovely, apart from having to tidy up (a bit) this morning it was pretty fantastic to see Haze, Ma and Pa. They were full of stories, brought me back a good portion of my clothes (Y) and my printer is finally installed and in use. (YES, it's fantastic, though now technically my Birthday is over! :P)

The cable in the car that is supposed to let you play your mp3 player through the car speakers is well and truly, pardon my German, gebuggered.
It was hilarious to hear half songs but I think we PETRIFIED James by having a full on raucous sing-a-long to "If You Were Gay" from Avenue Q.

No one who reads this will remember my year 9 German lessons. The invention of Klefp, the making and confiscation of an entire awesome pack of cards in one lesson, "The Money Game" (which involved TESCO and Sainsbury's vouchers), Mrs Lynn or "Pritt's ill". Gosh, they were good times. Becca, Hannah, Helen and I before it all went wrong.

Most people who read this will also hardly know about the "went wrong" part of that sentence. I'm so over that now, it was years ago. But back then it made me very bitter and very hateful and extremely dissapointed, sad and lonely. Gosh, I don't mean to get depressive, but one day I might write about it. Write about "what happened to the french block crew once Becca and Simon moved away and it all turned to sidge".

But not today, today I'm in a beautiful mood, James is coming back over in a bit and we might watch the last ep. of Black Books. We'll see. Or something else now that I have a whole host of things back.

I might teach him UNO so that we can play a-la-cuisine and not be ribbed for not knowing.

Oh siblings, one of the epic things (apart from, y'know, viewing the ponchos) is that quality childhood play time, whether it be walking sticks, pegs and blanket forts or board games or "we have to eat it sparingly".

Only Hazel will get that last reference.

I wanted to blog about how AMAZING but sad I think UP was that we saw last night but I've typed too much and I have to go let James in downstairs in a bit.

"Come on Pippin, it's time to fly!"

1 comment:

Haze said...

I laughed alot at the use of Sidge and the quoteage PEPPERED throughout this (;
You're amazing <3
And I know you were sad at the time, just think about how happy you are now and how you've learned from it all (: x

I quite fancy some Madeira cake now...but I had some SOREEEEEEEEEEN!

p.s. EXCELLENT GERMAN USEAGE.