Tuesday 29 June 2010

Verklempt

Yesterday marked 9 months of a wonderful relationship between James and I. Unfortunately he is in Lancaster still and I am in Durham.
Instead of a day with him I had a day thinking about currency and watching DVDs.

Since yesterday I have got through (including special features on most) 8.

Rhod Gilbert and the Award Winning Mince Pie
Jimmy Carr Live
Spike Milligan I Told You I Was Ill... A Live Tribute
Mark Thomas Live Serious Organised Criminal
Peter Kay Stand Up UKay
Eddie Izzard Circle
Russell Howard Live Dingledoodies
Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure.

Most of them, FANTASTIC. Spike, Russell and Dave at the top, Mark, Rhod, Jimmy and Peter next. Eddie Izzard's show failed a bit. A bit too 2000, stilted. Dave's 2003 show made me chuckle like nobody's business and Spike's material is ancient (compared to the rest) and was brilliant. So I've come to the conclusion Izzard's comedy isn't to my taste.

Dunno quite what to go onto next. On the pile I don't have many comedy ones I've not seen and there is a lot of stuff I would have to pay full attention to. Proper films and that. ANYWAY.

I get to see my very good friend Rebecca tomorrow who I so very rarely see. It's going to be great, I can tell!

xx

1 comment:

Ashley said...

congrats girly!

wow. movie watching time.

i love comedy films. and cheesy chick flicks. and action. and mystery.

imma pretty varied movie person