Wednesday 11 August 2010

Xerg (the noise I feel like making)

I feel dusty. I have helped Hazel to tidy her room all day. We've filled at least 3 bin bags of rubbish. A LOT of recycling of paper and card. Got rid of some bags, toys, hats and things. Piled and sorted and vacuum'd and cleaned.

I didn't get anything done from my own personal "to-do" list, except for putting the last weekend's photos onto facebook, tagging them and also texting Cait. Although Caitlin hasn't replied so as of now I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.

I am going to give a quick run down of last week because otherwise I never will.

Wednesday: Last day with James in Durham, he went home on the night and I was sad. I packed for London.
Thursday: Early train to London, Saatchi gallery, Spaghetti House tea, War Horse (which is AWESOME).
Friday: Trafalgar Square, National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery, Jubilee Gardens gathering. Saw Jen and Rach, met Anders and Tyler. Best part was talking to Dale and John Cox. Bella Italia for tea. Haze and I crashed out at the hotel while Ma and Pa went to see Billy Elliot.
Saturday: V&A, shop browsing, M&S lunch, Hyde Park gathering, spoke to Ali a lot, met lots of great people, rained just after circle formed for Duck, Duck, Goose. Jazza counted 274 people. Stood under tree and sang Happy Birthday to someone who was having a BD picnic we interrupted. Left early to get to gig side of town so we could eat. Took ages as on replacement bus and it took a wrong turn. Ran to Nando's in a deluge of rain. Gig was the best part ever. Dave (BlueSkies), Greg Holden and "Sons of Admirals" (just Tom, Alex and Edd) who rocked the ruddy room. I loved every second despite the burning in my feet and knees. On the bus home (to Victoria anyway) Hazel and I witnessed one of the best conversations ever. A guy behind us was complaining down the phone about not being let into a rave wearing his £120 Prada shiny trainer shoe things. Even though we were tired as sin we giggled 'til we reached the Radisson.
Sunday: Relaxed start with another smashing breakfast, Hazel spotting some Canadian guides, a jaunt to the East End where the Olympic buildings and village are being built. We went on a two hour tour, it was interesting but tiring and the woman hosting it was bizarre. Met up with "the gang" in Regent's Park, sat in shade away from main gathering and then took a jaunt to the Science Museum. Strada for tea.
Monday: Breakfast, shopping, adoration of Urban Outfitters, tubes, M&S, picnic on a train and HOME.

I'm tired now, Hazel's just hurt her head so I have to go see what's going on and have some milk.

Night.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

when i was packing for uni, i realized how much shit i actually own.

i need to seriously clean out

Ashley said...

dustyyyyyy

that sounded like a load of fun (: