Sunday 16 May 2010

Ullswater

Yesterday morning, while making sandwiches to take out for the day I had a small reminisce about Outward Bound with Megan as the topic of orienteering reminded her of an adventure and team building weekend she had been on with her school.

A fair amount of us SSAGOians met up to get the bus to Williamson's Park in Lancaster and then Matt offered a few of us a lift so Bekky, Ruth and I accepted. It meant we got there a bit earlier than the others and we sat down to eat lunch. James had walked in earlier, just because he wanted to and he met up with us there. We were split into three groups for the orienteering. Bekky, Ruth, James and I. Hannah, Lorna and a girl whose name escapes me and then the boys Chris, Matt and John. We spent nearly 2 hours wandering around finding the letters from the tops of wooden posts, looking at squirrels, swings, rabbits, ducks and eating ice cream. When we were finished and had collected 32 letters and letter combinations we headed to the monument and sat and talked in the warm and comfortable sun.

Last night's Dr. Who was pretty awesome I thought, after we had watched that, James and I finished the second season of Conchords too.

This morning we did our washing and I sat doing PinE revision while it span. One girl put her stuff in a machine that stopped working once she had left so out of the goodness of my heart I moved her things into another one and sent it spinning with my own pound. I even stuck an Out Of Order sign on the duff one.

James cleaned his bedroom and bathroom while his washing was on so after lunch we had to go for a walk so that the fumes didn't send us loopy. (Or something).

I've just edited some duck footage together to stick on my youtube page (which has been terribly neglected).

TTFN

No comments: