Sunday 23 May 2010

Umbridge

Yesterday, James and I went on an adventure and had our last gorgeous day off from revision before these exams start.

Bus to town, food and a train to Kendal set the ball rolling. We saw my friend Eri from Art with her husband at the station and then we set off to find Abbot Hall where there was an exhibition by Mark Francis. The sun was almost unbearably hot and we had to walk past a raucously loud fairground. But there was shade and ducks and the best company I could wish for. The exhibition wasn't really of the type of art I am fond of. It was repetitive and a bit *grr* inducing. However it was a welcome insight into the type of work being produced and there was also a few other pieces by various artists in other areas of the building which made up for it.

We spent a lot of time sitting in different places just chilling or, because of the heat, warming. We ventured into homebargains because it was huge and air conditioned and welcoming. 

We walked, sat and explored the afternoon away until decided it was too hot for a full on meal and so, instead of Pizza Express, we ventured to KFC. I felt fine eating a smidge of junk food as I had had a M&S fruit salad for lunch!

Jon Richardson and Shappi Khorsandi both provided splendid entertainment that made me feel all light and floaty and happy (as all good comedy does).

Our taxi adventure home cost us a full £40 but it's a good job we agreed this with the lovely driver before setting off because the total was over £60 by the time we reached campus.

We had a good old giggle about school teachers and their behaviours before we slept as a day as busy as that (tiring though it is) leaves your brain all in a fuddle that needs to be talked out a bit first.

Today, Sunday, was another very very warm day that sends my brain iffy and out of reasonable forms of concentration. I tidied. I got to speak to M on msn for the first time in AGES! We had lemon chicken for tea and watched Dr. Who, Outnumbered and listened to the Dave Gorman podcast. 

Unfortunately there was also a point today where I discovered, when going to pick up my art equipment from the studio, that one of my pieces of work, the only one that isn't a painting but still fits in the display, had gone. Nowhere to be found! I printed off a photo of it but it isn't the same. I'm quite upset and dissapointed about it's loss. *sigh*

---

Just now, before I started to write this, I was saying goodbye to James (as we've decided not to share a bed during exam times to aid sleep) and I discovered there had been a small fire in the other kitchen. Their kitchen is now covered in a white powder. At least we're not on fire.

Goodnight internet. I am going to retire to my comfortable but quite empty bed (I still have my cuddly giraffe Gerald and turtle Duck) and listen to an audio book to lull me to sleep. When I say "audio book" I mean Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. 

I really dislike Umbridge.

2 comments:

Haze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haze said...

Well that failed. OH WELL.
Good luck with the examamamamamamens.
I am currently on my 10 min break trying to access the school open area from home (which should work but it DOESN'T), trying to access the Biology powerpoints that Johnson did.
I AM SO ANGRY.
Oh well! My revision is going well...
:D

I SAW YOUR TWO GIRAFFES ON TH FIRST PAGE OF ONEMILLIONGIRAFFES! GO YOU!
<3