Thursday 6 May 2010

Uncertain Future

So, I'm supposed to be filling in a review questionnaire for my Psychology in Education course but seeing as I did it before the lab actually began (because I got here early to do my homework) I don't have anything to be typing. I was just going to listen to "World of Warcraft Ruined my Life" by ALL CAPS but then I realised that if I wasn't typing at all I might get singled out and asked what I was up to and then be caught watching nerds dance around in cosplay and it would all go wrong.

So I decided I would type in this blog instead.
This morning I walked past the little newsagents in the corner of the square at the center of main campus and there was someone selling "The Times" newspaper for 30p. Now, regularly I don't read the newspaper. Not through the fact that I don't care about what is going on, but I often barely glance and the Scan and don't have the inclination to actually BUY the news when much of it is so readily available online! But today I did buy it. This time it wasn't because it came with free food (as it has in the past). Oh no. Today was a free book. The woman was like "you can have more than one if you want" and honestly I was tempted to take one of all of them because I love books. But this would have been MASSIVELY unfair and not right for only THIRTY PEE. 30p. I know. I ended up picking "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Greggory and "The Tiger in the Smoke" by Margery Allingham.
I am very happy with this. I might even read the newspaper and it's supplement later, though my time might be spent better making a new video (as this is an avenue I have neglected quite terribly".

So, I have a letter to post to Hazel (well a note really) and then I have to head out and vote and then eat lunch and then probably attempt to actually do some art.

I should listen to Colin and this session now though because apparently we're going to get picked on to present our pov's about the task at any point.
It's sort of themed around the election.
:D

1 comment:

Haze said...

I'm so angry at myself for not having the time to have written back to you.
This Sunday, I very much promise to write.
(p.s. the Captcha is ROTATING. HAHAHHA)