Wednesday 19 May 2010

Useful career information

This morning I dragged myself out of bed a lot earlier than on a regular Wednesday.

This morning we had a 10am compulsory career talk.

This morning I sat through 40 minutes as a man who is a career advisor mumbled on and around the subject of planning your future.

"Look at where you are now. Know where you want to be. Take steps to get there."

He handed us sheets of links to art related websites that he admitted to not checking in the last two years - "...so they might not be accurate."

The thirty seconds in which Bill and Gerry told me about a newsletter I could subscribe to was infinitely more useful than Dave's talk.

Mind you. It has set me thinking about maybe buying a domain name and setting up my own website that isn't this blog. Although I know nothing about this so I will have to research it before I make any snap decisions.

Our art is getting marked on Monday and so I've been setting mine up. It looks small and a bit odd but I hope when the people marking it look closely they see what I want them to and are intrigued enough by it to want to look at my backup work too!

I have a massive urge to eat chips. I probably wont. But we've had rice and pasta and eggs and peas and things for WEEKS.

I shall now submerge myself in Order of the Phoenix; gosh I love Stephen Fry's voice. Although I wish he would do a different voice for Tonks.

LOVE YOU

No comments: