Thursday 11 August 2011

Blog Every Day in August #11

It's very late and I have a lot to report about today because it was my first busy day in a while.
Fully busy not just fill up the time busy.

I will probably post a re-hashed version of this blog to tumblr tomorrow with images because I have a few that will illustrate my points but it is dark and going to get my camera and edit images is the last thing I want to do now.

To start it all off I awoke comfortably at 7:50 so I checked tumblr back to the last posts I had seen. This is how I usually start my days here at home. It makes sense to me.

I showered and washed my hair and it turned out really soft and lovely today. The simple things that can make me smile.

I had a deadline for writing to reach and had to research and write three interesting blurbs for three paintings so I could email them before I left the house! I managed to get them done and sent before lunch.

After lunch Mum and I moved clothes from Hazel's bed so we could change the bedding but then we decided to take the duvet to the dry cleaners.

We headed out because we were due in Newcastle for a tour of "7 Stories" a gallery/wonderplace full of creative literary wonders. I just had time to put a nerdfighter note into the only John Green book in the bookshop (Looking for Alaska) before we were off up the stairs to revel in the history of the building and begin our exploration. There was a great exhibition about Puffin publishing with extracts of manuscripts and original artworks. At one point there is a wall for adding your contributions and sheets of paper that said something along the lines of can you write a coded message to Atemis Fowl. So I just fluently scribbled some Gnommish and moved on. It was wonderful. I cannot explain my appreciation fully. I also got to handle one of Philip Pulman's manuscripts for the Tiger in the Well. AWE and WONDER. We finished off that trip with cream tea in the cafe!

After a quick jaunt around the town we headed to wagamama for noodles. Well, I had a rice meal but it was so delicious.

Our evening was topped of with a performance of "The Pitman Painters" which was top notch. Art is for everyone and boy did they prove it. It was comical and serious and engaging and heart-warming. Very very worthwhile.

In the car on the way home my mp3 player on shuffle brought up End of an Era and I weeped. Followed by I Believe from Spring Awakening.

Time for sleep now, I'm exhausted!

No comments: