Wednesday 14 October 2009

Needless to say

Yesterday morning was a strange one as I'm not sure quite where my time went and pretty much straight away it was 11 and I was watching a video about Feral Children that I'd seen before... then we had a talk from this dud about how to use the library, really useful and fun and blargh.

In the afternoon we had a seminar where we talked more in depth about Victor (one of the feral kids) I worked with this really nice girl called Lori.

Afterwards James and I went for a walk so I could locate Cartmel bar so that I'd be able to find my way there later when it was time for the SSAGO meal.

At 5 we parted ways and I'd been told, by the Asda man, Lee, that he's be back on campus about 5, half 5. I waited outside like a right loner til 1 minute to 6 (So long in fact that James got out of his lecture and came to help me carry the bags.
:D
I pretty much had to rush to be ready to go out on our meal.

But the meal was awesome.

I had a gigantic bowl of sausage and mash and carrots.
The people were awesome and it was well fun.
One of the girls is also a massive Wizard Rock fan, the Remus Lupins are her fave and I don't have their stuff... :(
But yeah, I mentioned Trock to her and she's going to go look it up.
My other new friend Sarah and I talked about how her boyfriend is at Durham University and many things beside that.
We shared a chocolatey ice cream "Tickle Me" Sunday.
Nomnomnom.

At one point I half over heard this:
"Is it a girl or a boy"
"Both"
"So it's like Schrödinger's foetus?"

HELL YES, these are my people.

Then one of the girls said something about not understanding how Africa have golfers because there isn't enough grass there.
That dissapointed me but she was fairly drunk and it was funny.

We walked back, in a light mist and I crashed out into bed about 11.

-----

I'm up now, about 9am and I really should get ready enough to be able to leave my room because soon I have to investigate where I can do coloured printing.

So I got to the library and used their coloured printer and it was pap.
Seriously.
That is NOT the sort of printing I want to be doing for my art.

We had a practical session from 11-1 and I went back over from 2-4:20 and finally bought some Gesso.

I still can't believe I didn't pack a glue stick.

Anyhoosle, my project is coming on quite well I think, drawing sleepy faces is quite nifty.

I've just eaten and am about to go over to James' to watch yet another film.

:D

I have quite a large list of none work related but necessary things to do on my Thursday off...

So despite it being a day off it'll probably end up being very very busy.

Right, got to remember to post this rather than leaving it yet another day.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

oh gluesticks <3

I would lend you one alas, across the silly pond.

*hands virtual gluestick*

feral kids sound relishing.