Monday 12 April 2010

To Uni!

So today we drove to Uni; Mum, Dad, Hazel, James and I.

Well, in fact we firstly drove to Morecambe, the seaside town that is a mere drive from campus.
This trip was majorly focused around the statue of Eric Morecambe that has been there for nearly 12 years. He's doing a silly dance. Guess what we had to do in photos?

After a quick jaunt to HomeBargains to pick up some Uni living essentials (pesto included) we took a walk down the sea front where, on the pier, were a load of tongue twisters written into the concrete at the base of lampposts and a labyrinth maze in the ground in the shape of  sea bird.

More shopping was done at Aldi on the way to campus where James and I took our things back to our rooms (I had considerably more due to food and other items). Mum and Hazel and then Dad took turns to "stay by the car just in case someone comes to check for a pay and display ticket that we haven't worked out how to do" and seeing the art I did last term that was in my room. OH and Mum was an angel and cleaned a load of stuff in the kitchen that was rotting.

They drove off to check into their accommodation for the night and James and I spent some time in my room until the kind and generous parentals came to pick us up and take us out for what was a scrumptious meal at Bella Itallia.

All in all a wonderful day!

No comments: