Wednesday 21 April 2010

Turned out better than I anticipated.

AS I strolled across campus this morning to the trilling of plentiful birds I was inspired to be a mite more descriptive in this blog of mine. The three mallard ducks in the Physics building pond splashed merrily, a robin was pecking for worms and I spied a blackbird gobbling up his wormy breakfast too.

Today has barely begun and yet I have this feeling it's going to be as busy and tiring as yesterday.
The Pub quiz last night was a right laugh, we joined the multiple teams with names relating to the good ol' volcano. "Every Ash Cloud Has A Silver Lining" was Megan's idea, much better than "Moist Kittens" which was one team's contribution but not as amusing as "Clegg for Queen".
Questions on most topics available were doled out, we failed to recognise the cryptic cross word or list 10 countries that have a capital with a smaller population than another of their cities (non African). However we did manage to name the first ever spoken film "The Jazz Singer" (thanks to Rach) and name the song played to us on a the stylophone "Shine" by Take That.

Returning to campus at 12 isn't my cup of tea though so bed was practically collapsed into.
In the middle of the night I whalloped my head against the shelf above the bed. I'm actually petrified I will get a black eye, like that time Becca Vaughn threw a Pikachu soft toy at me and the battery pack gave me a black eye.

I'm aiming to go over to art for about half nine so I can busy myself up until the compulsory session at 11.
Straight after that, at 1 I have a SSAGO exec meeting where I can tell them all about our lovely website and then off to pick up the mended prescription from yesterday's debarkle. I assume I might then have some time to start my PinE revision which, I must say, is pretty necessary.

Here goes!

---

It's nearly 3pm and I haven't yet been to pick up my prescription because the SSAGO exec meeting ran into a "lets go sort our storage portacabin" trip. Fun but now all I want to do is relax and I need to set off on another walk.

My verdict is that today was much better than anticipated because I got my moisturiser and my Amazon order arrived. I am now happy to own a book that contains both "The Time Machine" and "The Invisible Man" by H. G. Wells and The Peter Serafinowicz Show on DVD.

I feel after reading this book I will be able to call myself a true sci-fi fan as he is the 'father of science fiction'.

Mike, from our floor, has moved out to cheaper accommodation.

Right so, plan is:
Watch up thesquirrelrebellion videos and make notes as I am filling in AGAIN tomorrow.
Read some.
See James, make food, eat.
Take Psychology over to his to attempt revision.
Read some.
Rest some.
Watch some TPSS if possible.
Sleep.

What a great day, it's sunny too.

:D

I MEANT NOW :) This edit has been dealt with.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

REALLY? can't wait. ooo Haze is shirking her duties ;)

MOIST KITTENS? LOL

JCAS said...

I am not happy to own a book that contains both "The Time Machine" and "The Invisible Man" by H. G. Wells and The Peter Serafinowicz Show on DVD.

Why aren't you happy?