Thursday 25 March 2010

Specifics

I don't want to prey on this too much, but it's what I've been reading this evening and it affects me too, even as a minor in this whole thing.

Ben Carr wrote this and then Tom Milsom wrote this.
(Alex also posted comments on Ben's that make an interesting response.)

I think the "youtube community" is whatever you want it to be. So I won't call it that because it no longer functions like one. I personally have made many friends through it. Some UK people at SitC (the Lewis sisters particularly) some UK people online (mainly Alex Day) and then IRL (SitC/other) and various US ladies who are magnificent and I very much hope I will meet at some point in my existence. There are other people I've never met but respect and we exchange comments on most videos (Barry Aldridge and BillTVMacon).
I love those who produce content that makes me laugh or admire but especially those who come across as "human". I love the personal touches, the niché music or the pure talent.

Bah, I'm a special case and I'm going to shut up soon, the numbers don't matter to me, they're nice and most people deserve more views (from other good people, not from trolls) but it's the entertainment factor that keeps me watching and the people that keep me commenting and the friends that keep me producing (mainly Hazel tbh).

ANYHOW

Today included bacon sandwiches, an omelette, a white magnum and beans/sausage/mash. It also held James up a ladder fixing guttering, a poem from his Year 3 class (it's about bumblebees) and a trip to visit James' Grandad where we watched Rosemary and Thyme and Pointless.

Right about now James is happy because he now has a charger for his DS (it arrived in the post today).

Ta'ra!

2 comments:

Haze said...

"I'm a special case"
We are dear, you especially :P

Oh my gosh, Pointless is actually brilliant!
hahaha
I am an elderly.
END.
<3

Ashley said...

haha I guess it just seems different now...the whole youtube thing.

i get so sick of sub for sub and all the inbox messages and just the commercialization of it.

OMG the word ver is in fact GREEN and GREEN IN COLOR

rereduce

recycling ftw <3