Thursday 4 March 2010

Student life

Last night James and I played the "song intro, who is it by and what's it called game". That one where you stick you mp3 player (for me) or iTunes (for James) on shuffle and don't let the other person see the information. You also have to stop the song just before the singing, or at least before the name of the song is said.
This is difficult when the music isn't your own but James seems to be a pro at guessing when singing may begin.
I used to be good at this game; it's difficult when a lot of the music you haven't listened to, or that when you do you don't take note of the title of it because it's on an mp3 player tucked away somewhere. Unlike the habit of when you got a new CD album as a teenager and you (I say you, I could just mean 'I' here, I have no idea of your, the reader, habits) just sat and absorbed the entirety of the musical experience, including learning the names to the songs.

This challenge kept us thoroughly amused until the time felt right for us to go and prepare the lasagne's we'd defrosted which James' mum had brought at the weekend. They were much better than the regular premade ones as they didn't taste of plastic, but they didn't quite come close enough to a good freshly made one either.

In the evening we watched Pocahontas. I love that film, mainly the parts with Miko and Percy (the raccoon and dog) but the songs are lovely too and I loved the ability to completely see ridicule in it now that I'm older and I understand life a lot more complexly. Got to love Disney.

I watched listened to First Time Voters Question Time today. Why was Jamelia on there? It was fairly interesting though.

I've painted my nails black.

James and I lay around listening to the Dave Gorman podcasts from the last two weeks too this afternoon. It was lovely and relaxing and ever-so entertaining (especially all the anecdotes about OCD-ish habits).

For tea we had a good standard student meal of sausages, egg and beans.

OH, today was Peeps day, I'm sure you'll see that in Hazelizabeth though.

I like the blog writing thing, when I put the effort in, or just sit down to it, it sort of flows. Maybe it's because I'm typing on James' laptop, maybe not.

Who knows.

Shizzle.

BYEYALL

1 comment:

Haze said...

Shizzle.
Baahahahhahaa

captcha:
RIMANTER