Sunday 7 March 2010

Spending money

Today I awoke feeling rested for the first time in a while.
Oftentimes I wake up in the middle of the night and end up scratching even though I don't want to.
This breaks my sleep pattern (and I'm sure it annoys James a lot too) leaving me to wake up tired.

Anyhoosle, after rousing James from his rather steady slumber we decided to watch last night's Heroes. A program that despite it's major flaw (it feels like nothing ever happens) is still pretty enjoyable.

We ate banabar cake for breakfast again and I sat and read a chunck of Dan Brown while James did some computer business.

We set off about 12 to walk into town and buy of tickets for Alice in Wonderland 3D.

This was indeed the first of the new generation 3D films I have witnessed (the last time I saw 3D in the cinema was Spy Kids 3 and that was TERRIBLE).
I honestly thought the film was very enjoyable but I do not understand the appeal of the 3D experience.
I'd much prefer to see a high definition and highly clarified version of any film than to have my points of focus chosen for me by the effects. You can't have any of those "ooooh, look at that bit in the background" moments when the 3D-ness is directing you. It also gave James a headache...

All the characters and voices and beautifully imaginative costumes and scenery were admirable though. I'm glad she chose not to marry that guy from "Me and Orson Wells" too.

We decided to get the bus back as it was fairly chilly outside, I did my Art History reading while James did some Maths bumf and we went to Pitzzetta for tea. Fried chicken and chips, yummy.

The ducks were walking on the very thin covering of ice on the pond and we heard it shatter and watched them splosh into the water! Sweet.

Now I shall relinquish the keyboard to James once again and see how much I can get read of The Lost Symbol, I really wish I could finish it soon as I just want ANSWERS!

Good nightingales.

1 comment:

Haze said...

You know what I'm really excited to see?
THE COSTUMES

OH MY GOSH, TEXTILES BUZZZZ
I AM LIKE
A
ALDHVDHILSKN>
S
About J.D's costume, srsly.
<3