Friday 8 April 2011

#8

"Too early," I thought as I awoke, "I bet it's not even 7 yet."
I switched on my phone to see 6:57 staring at me.
Typical.

Anyway, after about an hour of just lying around, too lethargic to go downstairs, I eventually decided I couldn't put off a bathroom visit any longer.

Soon I was showering and getting ready to go food shopping with Mum before a haircut at half 10.

My haircut was done and dusted just as it reached 11, the time I'd planned on meeting up with my friends for a picnic.

We spent a good 4 hours around the dun cow sculpture, eating and reminiscing. The sun was totally lovely and there was just enough breeze by the river for it to be comfortable and not clammy.

I got the bus home around 4 because I was not prepared to walk for an hour in the sun to get home.

Since then I was put to work shredding receipts while I indulged in yet more old Jon Richardson podcasts.

Mum is on the phone to Auntie Margaret and it's so funny to hear just her half of this conversation. I'm in the living room because BT infinity is very temperamental!

I have the distinct feeling that after our chicken based tea I'll be counting TESCO and Sainsbury's vouchers all night.

Ta'ra!

No comments: