Tuesday 16 June 2009

Jesting

Kid British, when I heard the song live at Evolution I rather liked it, actually now I've heard it on the radio too, I actually like it A LOT.

It seems that I've taken to googling or looking into pretty much everything that I stumble upon. So today, after reading Alex's blog about his and Kristina's road trip I looked into 1408 and am watching it...
It's proper mental.
Just yesterday we were discussing how horror movies are so predictable that it reduces quite how much we get scared by them and this one is going along the lines of pretty much every horror book I've read.

Firstly it is allowed to fulfil typicalities because it is about a writer who writes about ghosts but doesn't believe in them.
He's in a room that has caused over 50 deaths and "nobody lasts more than an hour".
Things are moving themselves and turning themselves on.
Gee wiz how to fulfil stereotypes!
Oh and now he's decided he wants to leave and the door handle falls off.
Big whoop.
I can see how this is supposed to get you... but I'm only 44 mins inst a 112min film... argh.

I got distracted by MJ's censorship debate...

Back to that film.
Oh he attacked a fridge how inspiring.

"You have watched 72 minutes of video already today"

So I went to tidy my room, it's now worse... but I got a whole episode of DFTBA records listened to, and I found the HPatPS CD rom. It says it'll run on XP.
YES!

XD

80 mins in, 30 to go. This is either a supremely terrible film or they'll sort it out.
Haha!
Over and over and over, like a monkey with a miniature cymbal.

The best bit was the watery melty phone...
Well that was one creepy room.
All in all a 4 star film, it kept me watching till the end.
Samuel L Jackson brings it up that far even though his part is minimal.

I'm pretty much done with today even though it's only ten to 6.
I only want to sit and read and scrapbook for the rest of the day.
Might stick some music on and tidy.
Throw some things away.
Look, I didn't complete the things on my list I planned to do, I never do.
But I'm so over that!

xxx

No comments: