Thursday 23 April 2009

Happy Birthday Shakespeare!

In English today our amazing teacher had made us all little cakes to celebrate Shakespeare's Birthday.
We all sat around a table as she put a little candle in each bun and we took it in turns to light a candle on a cake and say why we love Shakespeare.
It was a beautiful experience and just sums up the essence of why I love English Literature and why I am going to miss it so much.

After school today I walked to Caitlin's house so I could see her because she hasn't been very well at all recently and it was really nice to catch up even if she's only just got her voice back I talk enough so that it doesn't matter!

I had something else I was going to mention.
OH!
Emily Gorman today, unbeknown to her started singing wizard rock.
Maddy and I were listening to Durmstrang Boy and generally being a bit nerdy and Emily said, I wish there was a Harry Potter musical.
This might not seem odd to you guys but Emily isn't usually in on the nerd stuff.
TBH she was crazily factually incorrect but I decided to humour her.

She sang "I wanna be a Quidditch star, fancy broom, fancy scar(ah), Voldemort knows where I are" to that tune... dunno it but it was fairly funny.

Oh dear, that doesn't seem nearly as amusing here as it was in real life.

It's the 23rd already. 45 days to my first exam and Beda is almost over :(

I'll carry on blogging daily of course it's just that this little project seemed huge and its more than 2/3 gone!

I can hear Hazel singing from the bathroom which signifies it is late.

Toodles y'all.

1 comment:

j-net said...

the month's gone by so fast...

I didn't know it was Shakespeare's birthday! I miss English Lit classes, haven't taken any in like two years. Them and theatre I always loved best.