Saturday 22 August 2009

Laughing in my dreams

So I started my day with an article, I read this response to "One and Other".

Recently I have been introduced to Charlie Brooker and have found him genuinely amusing on the two styles of show I've watched.

My response to him would be that I am aware others and believe I am someone who filled my full hour to a good use that didn't dwindle to shocked or confused silence ans shuffling.
Mind you, my talking was very nearly a Geordie voice over (bahahaha Big Brother!) I didn't dress up or get shell shocked after 15 mins, I limited my interraction so as to not appear rude but also not to get distracted and I enjoyed it without resorting to my phone.

I also left this response on the OandO blog today that was asking why we applied.

I applied as soon as I could, within the first fortnight of the applications opening actually, because I had been following the idea since it was as vague as "Gormley has been chosen to fill the Fourth Plinth next."

I had been writing an essay for my A level art exam which as a personal response to something important to me - I chose human form sculpture.

I live near the AotN and have seen The Field, both the Domain Series and Allotment, then Another Place and Blind Light (I thought this one was fantastic) more recently so focusing around Gormley's work, and researching his up coming projects, was nearly daily.

When more information was given, audience participation and a wide selection of possibilities suggested, One and Other was naturally appealing to my prior admiration and my desire to get involved.

I thought it would be great to be involved in such a movement, of an artist I admired and to be contributing in a positive way towards a representaion of the UK.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being involved leading up to my spot (July 22nd 8-9pm) and reading these blogs since about the hours that have been spotlighted.

Curiosity was key to my hour as I didn't know what I would create finally while I was up there but I think my balloon monstrosity turned out quite ok.






There is something strange about the way I balance the commenting of youtube videos (almost entirely from itiselizabeth) and making videos )only really on hazelizabeth.

This probably means to an outsider I don't make videos, because really, who reads the proper descriptions?

I'm not sure how to follow through with this thought so I'll just record it in that much simplicity.


Hazel and I enjoyed a walk Tesco so she could apply for a job and I could buy some foods for tonight. The sun was shining and I was shouted at from a car containing an old classmate of mine. Silly shoes have given my 4 blisters though. Really irritating that.

Ross invited Haze and I over for a get together at his with a load of others, ended up just being use three and Laura (for a bit) really but it was a fantastic amount of fun.
We'd made a chocolate slice that has raisins in but the raisins we used were practically grape sized!

I had some great future vid ideas from old school books earlier in the day, I MUST try to remember this as I owe myself a video really.

Playing boggle with Ross was not really as sidge as it was with Matt a few weeks ago but when he got xenon we were awed.

Following a good round of Boggle is difficult really... unless the game following is none other than "Harry Potter Scene It".
A dvd game and quiz that is both infuriatingly simple and difficult and is suggested to take merely 1hr. With the amount of digressions that arise with a full on Potter conversation our version took just under 2 hours.

To be won by Hazel when she identified a character after seriously only 4 letters revealed.

I just checked my e-mails before starting to write this and Alex has asked for another pic for the back cover of Parrot Stories. It;ll be nice to sit and draw that tomorrow.
I've heard a few demos of songs and they're rather great, I'm looking forward to teh full album now, Lex's and Tom's contributions are lovely.

x

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Have I told you how much I love you? Well, consider it done.

Question, how did you find out about OandO?

Oh, I did comment about the whole scheduling system here on that same blog XD. there really has to be a better way to get back to people.

xxxAsh