Tuesday 25 August 2009

Linda

Mum's friend Linda was over late morning and for lunch, it was nice to see her for a while and to know Mum had the chance to catch up with an old friend.
We chortled a bit when we found out she still uses one of those clamps on the steering wheel of her car.
She might be one of the few people in Britain to do so.

An hour of today's afternoon was spent watching our family footage of the year 1995.
Me with hair that stuck up from the static of a tent, Hazel's expressive eyebrows.
Thomas and I fighting over a ladybird.
My crazy high pitched voice as I bounced on a bouncy castle at the kite festival with Lucy.
Steph visiting our house and then Hazel's Birthday (2nd).
It was all so cute and memory ridden.

This afternoon/night we spent out at our Ranger leader Jen's where we ate veggie bol and cookies by the boatload.
I love our times there and it's sad to think soon we'll all be off to Uni and wont have our fortnightly Friday feasts.

I still haven't got any accommodation information from Lancs, a bit worrying if you ask me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the clamp on the steering wheel used for?
Gahh, I loooove watching old family tapes. Unfortunately, being the last of three children, my parents got bored with filming and stopped when I was barely two, so there's not much of me. But I like hearing my sister's high-pitched voice. There's something about screaming children that makes you go "aww". :)

Ashley said...

Is dear Linda the Jenga lady? I adore that game.

AHHH! Clamps for steering wheels. Is that the one with the knobby thing? They have them on tractors...and my grandfather's lawn mower.

Revisiting old footage is so much fun. We have piles of it in our family room, it's over the top. My dad's a bit of a film hoarder like I am.

What is a ladybird? And you have kite festivals?! OMG. I want a kite festival. Damn, I'll start a kite festival.

That is rather worrying...and you start so soon! Well, if you sent it in, that's great XD but if they still haven't given you your info...ouch. You might want to call. It would suck if you get there and they don't have anything for you!

Hope it all works out!