Sunday 16 August 2009

Looming

Isn't that one of those beautiful words?

It's both sinister and gentle.

Don't ask me how it is, that is just how I picture it.

This post is for and should appear on the 16th, I think we travel home tomorrow so I will leave this as the last pre-written blog for now and soon enough I will return to the internets in real time.

This is a prospect that both soothes me and scares me.
Right now I am thinking a good old amount of days AFK will do my good, the thing is I know this will amount to a LOT of e-mails.

Last year when I took 3 weeks AFK for Outward Bound I returned to a measly 40 something emails.

No one had commented my facebook or myspace in my absence and I wasn't yet a blogger or fully fledged Nerdfighter (I didn't have a Ning profile that emailed me anyway).

This time I'm expecting e-mails for blog comments, from FanFiction, from both Facebook and the Ning and The Sparks and a few other things.

Oh and Youtube will be a right arse to catch up on.

In 10 days that's probably just under 100 videos...
I don't have time for that really.
It's fine when it's spread out but, ergh.

I think the 18th will be read blogs and watch videos and to hell with the bandwidth day.

xxx

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have this fascination for words like that.

Gossamer is just so flowy. Clouds looming in the distance. ^.^ Perfect.

You need to teach me how to do this pre posting thing. I'm very curious. I also figured out the Rent soundtrack so when you come back, that's all going to be sent off to you via messenger :)

AFK? at foreign kountry? lol

Hopefully you get a ton of emails! As overwhelming to see, it's a lovely feeling. It's easier to be away from the internet when you're traveling places, though, I do have to say every time I saw something that I could connect back to a person I knew, I missed the internet or the ability to tweet it. I'm sure you know the feeling.

Catching up on youtube videos is a pain. I never did get fully caught up. I just skipped a few people I sub to who made videos I don't watch on a regular basis but do have that good video every once in a while.

Speaking of Outward Bound, I found this program here called Camp Adventure. It allows you to go overseas to a military base and you play with kids there. Plus everything is paid for and you get a stipend of $1200. I think I'm going to do that next summer and go to England :)

Getting email alerts or just any reviews in general from FF is trés sketch. :) you know how lazy that community is about reviewing!

To hell with bandwidth day sounds decent. I would host a bandwidth party but the fact is that we don't have limited bandwidth here. haha I'll be there using your bandwidth in spirit though!