Thursday 2 July 2009

Kick back

I woke up this morning pretty contentedly.
I didn't feel too tired but I couldn't remember my dream.

I finished Bridget Jones's Diary, the omnibus then wrote my blog about it.
Had a shower, sorted a bit of my room, put out the washing, made and ate lunch then walked into Durham with Hazel.

Ross was late but on the way through the market place I spotted this big metal V and it was a bit for cans and plastic bottles only.
I was like, "Cool, glad to see these people helping, if they stop me to talk I might actually listen."
Well, just after I'd had that though a guy working for the group Vinvolved, who had really shiny sunglasses, stopped me and said, "I do hope you're in the age bracket of 16-25".
So I said, ever eloquent:
"Indeed I am, I'm 18"
To which he replied "Brilliant and are you interesting in volunteer work."
So I just said "Yes".
I mean, if I can't get a job I might as well help and I felt all exhilarated after a long walk and I was wearing my "THIS T-SHIRT DOESN'T COST THE EARTH" top and I felt all helpful and generous.
He said that they often go rock climbing and stuff to relax after the tasks and it just sounded good. I felt really, like, chuffed with myself.

Well then I sent Ross a text to say I'd been accosted by the people in the market but it didn't matter because he was half an hour late.
An amnesty guy with a clip board also stopped me by saying, "Your t-shirt is just the sort of message we need".
ERGH, cheesy.

Well, as soon as I saw Ross one of his first things was to ask what accosted actually meant, he's not good with complex words but he knows if he asks I'll sort it out.
Later on in the day I said "antithesis" instead of direct opposite and he said "long word" and that was my cue to explain. How he shall cope without me I have no idea.
:)

Anyhoo. We set off up to Boots so he could buy a meal deal, and I got some doughnuts from Greggs.
Then we just sat up at the park from about 2 till 5.
Hazel joined us after her clarinet lesson about half 4.

We just sat and talked and took photos and listened to music and sweated in the sun.
It was nice.

Also, Hazel has forgotten how to swing on the swings properly.
I tried to re-teach but we had to go because Mum showed up.

For tea we had the dinosaur pasta with tuna, it was strange.
Not the pasta, that was great, just the combination.

It's still too warm.

OH and another thing Ross said: "I'm not deaf I can read them myself" in reference to tape books. He meant blind but it's all ok.

The word "long" became "hot" too, mid conversation and it was daft.

Err, think that is all.

Bye.

No comments: