Wednesday 15 July 2009

Knuts, Sickles and Galleons

Mum's Birthday is today, I woke up slightly panicky that I'd missed her but she was still in the house to talk to and that was nice.

Haze and I went out looking for suitable Wands. There were some choice sticks but we found some ok ones in the end.

Thesexymacaroni is my new favourite collab channel.
I hadn't had hula hoops in AGES till last night at that cadet party, I just remembered and thought I'd say.

I went into Mum's school at lunch to be there to help out with her Art class, I was in charge of the hot glue gun.
I love Mum's "school voice" though I found it hard not to just laugh.
Some of her class were so sweet.
We were making our own prints out of foam and yoghurt pots and the patterns created were so lovely.
Diligent is the word that fitted that class this afternoon.


The main feature of today was Harry Potter, I mean, the Potter verse itself takes up a rather large portion of my thought normally but today was just mega.
We decided to dress up, I mean, why not?
So Hazel sprayed her hair pink and went as Tonks, Ross was just in school uniform which made him a typical Gryffindor, Laura was similar but with cat ears as a half transformed Hermione/Millie's cat, and I went as Bellatrix Lestrange.
I don't boast to look anything like HBC but I did my best, goings as far as to paint a Dark Mark on my arm and make my hair terribly messy.
I also took the wonkiest of the sticks we found earlier.
I have to say, despite the film being rather distorted (we were only on the second row and right at the edge) it was a fantastic experience.
Radcliffe is still terrible but in an almost (and very almost) endearing way.
Grinty and Felton were just awesome.
There were a few annoyances, strays from cannon that irritated me.
One being when they mention Harry's eyes that they're supposed to be GREEN and they fail with that but I loved how there were moments when Sevvy would just stop and look at them. All will become clear #taps nose#.
Felix is GOLD not clear and Harry doesn't drink it all; that tit.
Draco should have been heard to threaten with "Crucio" I think and it was just blasts of light.
The hiding of the book and H/G kiss was terrible.
Despite inaccuracies in the cave scene I thought it was fantastic and the Inferni STILL made me jump even though I knew they were there.
OH and that first bit with Harry flirting with the waitress, ffs.
Slughorn, moustache-less may he be, was very very good.
It also stopped to soon, we had no noble Harry being all "you're dumped" and no sly look at Aberforth with wistful intent.
The positives, I appear to have been too critical, I adored Luna, I always have and always will, her behaviour is always book perfect and that Lion hat is the BEST THING EVER.
Harry and Hermione's moments, hitting him when he says "but I AM the chosen one" and the emotional "It feels like this". They were so good, they really seemed to portray the type of emotions of teenagers. The joking, fun, camaraderie that they need to have before full on war sets in (so that their Patronuses have a good stock of happy) and the pain of not being acknowledged.
I thought that athough we didn;t see enough of teenage/growing Voldie, that Tom Riddle as a child and student were great, cast well. (I am sure it's a different Tom to the one from Chamber though...)
I want to go see it again very soon from a better angle though!
:D

All in all a very very good night.

I have photos that really deserve to go in today's blog but I am NOT in the mood to sort that out now, uploading cropping and further uploading would just put me in a bad mood when I'm actually in quite a good one.



OH and the Burrow thing, WHAT!

PS! I wrote all this ^ before I read my peer reviews. I've since read Alex's, I'm reading Haley's and am about to read Kristina's.
I have so much more I could say but I'm letting other people say it.
Ok, I'll add, Narcissa's hair was daft but I knew that before I saw the full film via promo things. SHE IS NOT CRUELLA DE VILLE!

1 comment:

boobjob12 said...

YAY I can read this now that I've seen the film. =]
STICK WANDS YEAHHHH.
Awww, YAY!
In charge of the glue gun? COOLEST JOB.

I totally agree about the eyes. I mean, they even MENTION IT.
I really do agree with most of what you said.
I absolutely LOVED the H/H stuff, they have such an affectionate friendship. <3