Friday 4 September 2009

Market Vaults

Is where I will be tonight as a friend is having a Birthday party.
It's too cold today so I'm actually going to wear a cardigan, my first cardigan in about 10 years. It's purple and lovely and I can't believe I've avoided cardigans for so long.

My iTunes podcast list has got up to 40 unheard again so I've listened to two Pottercast ones and a Jon Richardson. They've just discussed the word "lolloped" and now Pete Firman's being interviewed. Awh man he's hilarious, we saw him at the International Magic Festival two years ago and at Edinburgh one year. There are a few things about magic shows (and I've seen so many I could cry) that bug me and that's when the magician relies too heavily on props and it's all big boxes and dissected women, another is when they use the over used tricks and the third is when they try to be funny and aren't. The first I suppose is ok for young children or cruise ships or something but really they aren't very convincing. The second isn't too bad if you don't see much magic but floating sticks and those five connecting rings? Get away.

Where Tufty gets it right is that he's funny, naturally a great performer, his props, although professional, are suited to his style and small scale and even with "Mr Ball" look hand made. I'd go see him again any time.



Sometimes I question why I even bother. I only find myself funny because I don't take myself seriously. My aim is to entertain but I don't think I get that across in videos as I do in person. I'll have to try and sort this out for next time.

Right. I'm off to get ready for tonight and I'll be back late so I'll post this thing now.

I got an email from Rebecca today, she's got into Cambridge and I'm very proud of her. It doesn't seem like 4 years since she moved to Belgium. I hope that if she's studying over here it'll make it easier to meet up.

I wish I could just jump on a train to where ever I wanted when ever I wanted.
Or apparate, that would be nice.

No comments: