Sunday 6 September 2009

Meandering thoughts

When I have days like today that consist mainly of sorting through the too many things I own I have a lot of time to drift off into my own mind.
Coupled with the distraction of the Qi book of banter this made for a nice relaxing day.

I tried to avoid being online all day and not be able to constantly check my emails like it will be when I'm at Uni. It was rather strange and difficult.

"A man is born an artist as a hippopotamus is born a hippopotamus; and you can no more make yourself one than you can make yourself a giraffe."
John Ruskin

I wonder if I should learn some of these quotes so I can impress people with my mad skillz? I doubt it will help me fit in but then again I want to find that balance between being a misfit and having friends. I've managed so far but I'm scared I might either repulse everyone or end up coming across as fake.
We shall see.

I just went out to buy milk. Mum was like "Don't walk through the cut, walk round past the pizza shop". The cut stopped being scary murder mystery grass over 2 years ago. The only person I saw was Labrador boy.

"What is wrong with my way of thinking?"

I have fallen deeply in love with Greg Holden's voice.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Is the campus wifi or just the dorms?

Meh. The college I'm planning on going to is wifi campus minus the dorms where you need an ethernet cord. Makes life difficult. I just might invest in a router and hook it up myself.

You already have mad skills, but if you want to memorize quotes, memorize dying statements <3 haha

boobjob12 said...

I like having time to drift off into my mind. That's why I love long car rides. :)
It'll be rather strange and difficult to have an internet absent of Liz!

I really really like that quote. It seems to be true! I'm no artist, but I do consider myself a writer.

You already HAVE mad skillz! But learning quotes is something that would give you an EDGE. Just don't turn into someone you're not. Not like you'd EVER do that. :)

Now who the heck is Labrador boy!? Please tell that story! xD

Fat. Bitch. said...

That's because his voice is sexy, lol.
I was just thinking earlier that I don't actually know what you're going to study, which I put down to one of 2 reasons...
1. I was too excited by all the YouTubers at SitC and so forgot to ask.
or 2. I asked you but I was so excited by all the YouTubers at SitC that I can't remember, lol.

So yeah, what are you going to study and where? I'm in the process of looking at unis at the moment... it's really scary!

Rachel. =)
<3