Tuesday 22 September 2009

My day in two halves

First Half: Time Warp

This right in front of you now, set out in little pixels on which ever screen you're reading on, is my 355th post... I started on Wednesday, 24 September 2008 so I've managed nearly every day for a year and I'm very proud of myself.

I hope you don't mind but I feel like revisiting bits of my first blog and going through it - to see how far I've come I suppose.

A self welcome.


Oh so firstly this was me unknowingly starting the alphabet thing that I get asked about about twice a month. My first week ended up being all A's so when it got to October I decided to move onto B and so on.

I suppose it will be useful, this website, I can post photos without having to print them off and stick them in a book. I can put a photo of a ticket from an event without separating it from my collection. I can make it legible with a controlled font and best of all I can edit.


It really breaks my heart I stopped with the photos of tickets but I might start this again, and thank goodness for computer fonts.


Last night I was listening to VLR and heard about the youTube article in Stuff magazine...
My camera broke in the Summer and so I need to find a new one, consequently I have a huge pile of old Stuff magazines on my floor... so I browsed through till I found the article Alex had mentioned. I don't quite know why but that was a reasonably good start to my day, to know I had heard of 3/6 of the people in that article.


Little did I know then that in a years time I'd actually have MET Alex and become his friend never mind contributing to THIS. GO ORDER IT NOW. <3 LIFE


Anyhoo... School, it was another of our head of sixthform's allegorical assemblies today. "Things don't happen over night, you have to work for them". Fair enough.


Damn right I worked and yeah it might have taken that whole year but I'm sure glad of what I've achieved!


Also my personal statement is getting pretty close to being finished, I just wish I knew quite exactly where I want to apply for uni!


On Sunday I go to Lancaster. SUNDAY.
Eeep. A year ago I didn't have a clue and now I cannot wait. New people, new places, new experiences. XD

.
I don't think I'll tell anyone about this for now, just see how this pans out.


As if I even said that. I told Mum about within the week and Sarah Walker too. Then Hannah started reading it.
I still remained pretty much anonymous to the rest of the internet until BEDA though and I met Ash and I haven't looked back.
Being more youtubian with Hazel hasn't hurt.
I really love writing this blog.
Most of my old photos have tinypicfailed... :(

Second Half: Today

So firstly I have to rush to the door to sign for a parcel, the two books on my reading list for Uni. This is not good as I just got up from bed and am not really in a state to be seen by ANYONE.

Then I discover that this exists: http://www.myspace.com/armouredbearcub and they've only gone and written a song about one of my favourite literary characters EVER. Lee Scoresby.

Now I've just written all of the above and it's nearly 11 am. I'm waiting 13 mins for mega video to be my friend again.

I put loads of eyeliner on and forgot I was going to the opticians later...
Mum made me take it off.
I got a haircut while I was out too, it looks no different.
I have a webcam with a microphone so now Skype is a option.

I've just got in from cadets and they signed me a good-luck card.
I'm in a happy place.

x

1 comment:

boobjob12 said...

OH WOW HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
...oh shiz, this was yesterday. Oh well. xD
Awww, "I suppose it'll be useful, this website" that just seemed so cute to me. I dunnno why.
I love how you capitalized summer.
I'm so glad you love writing this blog. :DDDDDDD
AWWW SHE MADE YOU TAKE IT OFF?! That sucks.
SKYPE SKYPE SKYPE IS AWESOME.

<3 yay for happy places!