Saturday 12 September 2009

Mighty fine

Today was hang out in town with Maddy, Laura and Jen day.
We wanted to go on the river before lunch so we met at 11 and hired a little rowing boat so that we could sit back in the sun on the water and natter. We played terrible music from our phones into the air and sang along to TATU All The Things I Said and Linkin Park Encore.
There were three office chairs and a door in the river today and I almost got pelted with bread that was meant for ducks.

After a lunch in Peter's (where they charge more to eat in ¬_¬) we wandered further down the river to sit on a big cow.

3 hours just went like that *snaps fingers* and I don't know really when I'll see them again which sucks... I mean Jen starts on Monday, Laura goes next weekend, then me and Maddy starts on the 3rd.
"In the end it doesn't even matter..."

We planned to go to the cinema to see Dorian Gray (which I constantly feel I should spell Grey) but as we're poor and didn't want to waste time in silence watching when we could talk, we didn't. BUT I did end up seeing a film today, with the parentals and Hazel. (500) Days of Summer. It was sweet and had music that suited the story and had quirky little effects in it and a voice over that chimed in now and then and reminded me of Stranger Than Fiction. Generally I'd give it a +3 as it doesn't quite make me want to watch it again in a hurry but was still very good.

As soon as we got in the house I stuck the tv on to watch back the BBC switch show about chartjackers. It just made me feel all ^_^ to know that I've met three of those guys and that I'm part of youtube. I mean, maybe I won't be too involved in this thing in the end but it just looked fantastic.
Hazel and I also couldn't help laughing when Alex was there suggesting we wear wigs in the video. Oh old old jokes.

It may or may not interest you to know that I have finally changed my desktop background in my laptop. I was going to wait till the photos Kai took of the Johhny Durham t-shirts at SitC were released but I couldn't resist the change from this:

Shh (I'm allowed to fangirl I a want and this had been my bg for about 6 months...)
To this:




P.S.
Your verdict blog readers do I take twister to Uni? I can see it on my shelf and I cannot make my own decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAKE IT! It'll be so fun to play :)

That sounds like an excellent day. I love rivers. They are so nice and pretty and calming, even when there's garbage in it .. but CHAIRS? A DOOR? That is hilarious. Who throws those things in a river? hahahaha.

Ashley said...

Funny enough, I also have All the Things I sad and Encore on my phone :P

You got pelted with bread?! hahahaha sorry. funny mental image.

500 Days of Summer reminded me of Stranger than Fiction too. No one else knew what STF was so I'm glad I'm not alone.

Do you know if BBC is putting the production on the website? they should for us Americans lol

By all rights, fangirl it up! Speaking of which, yeah, SITC is 2 years off. We can plan later haha.

Take Twister if your residence hall doesn't have a check out center. I know ours has this library type area in them except its DVDs, games, and cleaning supplies that we can check out. Buy if no, TAKE IT. Epic game. You can also get to use it with someone. ;) *get a lil' bit closer* hahahaha

boobjob12 said...

I read all of your past four entries, but due to time and such, I'm only going to comment on this one. Is that okay? :D
I think that I might have to create a shrine for you in my bedroom, because of how awesome your background is. SO SO SO AWESOME.
My background is this tiled:
http://16.media.tumblr.com/97pKvwIt9n08p6h2JXoskop9o1_500.jpg

TAKE IT, YOU CAN PLAY STRIP TWISTER. What? No? Gross? Inappropriate? Okay.